The Grindle Honors Institute
Welcome上海快3 to The Grindle Honors Institute. We offer an enriched educational experience for high-achieving students who want to engage in honors activities at Seminole State College of Florida.
The Honors Institute aims to help students accomplish these goals by:
- Providing an advanced curriculum for qualified students.
- Providing access to cultural events and opportunities that will enhance students' learning and understanding.
- Encouraging students to volunteer their time and talents to the College as well as the community.
- Providing scholarship opportunities to qualified students.
- Advising students about their major, Seminole State's curricula and their options for transferring to a four-year institution.
- Cultivating students' academic curiosity, creativity and willingness to embrace challenges and uncertainty.
Start College with Honors
Enrich your educational experience in the Honors Institute.
- Challenging curriculum
- Academic travel opportunities
- Priority scheduling
- Transfer assistance
Learn to Build a Catapult
History Meets Science combines Medieval and Renaissance history with scientific evidence and labs to understand these times periods. Students can explore feudalism by building a castle and a catapult, or they can better understand the Hundred Years' War by firing a replica long bow. Arts students nervous about scientific study and STEM students nervous about writing in the arts can find some common ground over Viking engineering, Gothic cathedrals, and Da Vinci's genius with two professors for the price of one!